Sunday, September 13, 2015

Bacon and Garlic Green Peas

As I sit here, right after dinner, blogging...
(Oh, you know, because I didn't want to put this off and not get back around to doing it lol)...
I looked over at the clock and realize it is only 8:32PM people!!!  
Is it just me or has this past week felt SO LONG?! And of course, the weekend not long enough! Now, let's be honest, I AM ALREADY READY FOR BED! Like, for real. 
Hmmm, maybe it's just that I am getting old. If I have learned anything from spending my late nights studying and watching Golden Girls, it's that a woman should never reveal her true age... so I won't tell you how old I am, but just keep in mind that it is under thirty... for now! Lol. 
Speaking of aging, I have noticed that my tastes have changed since I have gotten older. I like things that I wouldn't even dream of touching when I was little. Like, the brussels I used to only pick the first few leaves off of then push them aside...or spinach or anything with raw coconut in it... and the worst of all, GREEN PEAS! 
Now, I love all those things, especially peas! Which brings me to this post! I found this recipe over at Little Dairy On The Prairie and I am actually a new fan of her blog! This is absolutely my new FAVORITE way to fix green peas now! And well, bacon just makes everything better, am I right or what?!
I hope you guys love this as much as we did.
 Even if you don't like peas, give this a try, it might just change your mind!
-X's & O's....and P's! :)

 *I made a few slight changes to make it a little healthier!*

1 pound frozen green peas
2 T. light butter (I used Move Over Butter)
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp. lemon pepper
¼ tsp. season salt (I used Cajun seasoning here)
1 c. turkey bacon, fried and crumbled
½ c. Parmesan cheese, grated (I didn't have any on hand so I opted out)

  • Put green peas in a skillet and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for about 5 minutes or until peas are tender.
  • Drain and return peas to skillet.
  • Add bacon, butter, garlic, salt and pepper. Continue to cook over medium heat for about 5 minutes.
  • Add Parmesan cheese and toss to coat.
  • Serve these yummies warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment