Pumpkin coffee creamer... Pumpkin candles... Pumpkin desserts... PUMPKIN, PUMPKIN, PUMPKIN!!!!! I think that when you type "define Fall" into your search engine, pumpkin should pop up! Haha. I love pretty much ANYTHING pumpkin! I have an awesome Pumpkin Cheesecake recipe that I will share later on down the road. And if you haven't tried the recipe here on my blog for Dinner In A Pumpkin yet, well, you've gotta! I have never really thought of pumpkin as a "dinner" food, but that recipe is delicious! Which brings me to this new one... Pumpkin Pasta Sauce! I was so excited to try this & oh man, it is AWESOME! Simple & fresh! I adapted this recipe from Sole for the Soul. She has a whole index of good recipes! I couldn't find ravioli at the commissary, they were out...apparently every one else on base wanted ravioli the same day we did. Lol. Anyways, I improvised & used a mixture of spinach & cheese tortellin, paired with a nice glass of bubbly...it was WONDERFUL! Mr.Hooah definitely went back for seconds! I twisted this recipe up a bit so I hope you enjoy this as much as we did!
-X's & O's for now...
Pumpkin Pasta Sauce
- 1/4 c. butter
- 1 medium-sized shallot, minced (or 1/2 a small onion)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 15 oz. can pumpkin puree
- 1/2 c. chicken stock
- 3/4 c. milk (I used half & half)
- 1 1/4 t. salt, more or less to taste
- 1/2 t. black pepper, more or less to taste
- 1/8 t. nutmeg
- 1/4 c. diced parsley
- 1Tbsp. chili powder
- 1/2-1c. spinach, roughly chopped
- 1 1/2tsp. garlic powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. italian seasoning
2. Reduce heat to low and stir in the pumpkin puree. Cook for 2 minutes. Add the chicken stock, milk, salt, chili powder, italian seasoning, pepper and nutmeg. Stir to combine and simmer over low heat for about 5 minutes. Taste and adjust the salt and pepper, if needed. Stir in the parsley & spinach. Serve over pasta.