I have been posting some old (saved drafts) & new posts here & there since I have been back to blogging. I had another post that was set to be posted tonight but I thought I'd do a quick one instead, since I had this dish for dinner tonight. As always, this recipe is easy-peasy & healthy! (I know you're all tired of listening to me say "I like quick, easy, healthy recipes", LOL! What can I say though? It's pretty much the only kind of cooking I like to do nowadays!) I'm quite sure I got this one from Pinterest (I wrote it down in my cookbook) & that the original post is floating around out there, so forgive me that I didn't write down from where or save it anywhere. This was my first time making it & it was so delish. I LOVED the sauce! Yeah, that had to be my favorite part. Or maybe it was the ooey gooey cheesy part... whose to say really... but know that it is SCRUMPTIOUS & has fewer cal's than if you went out & got fat & happy at a mexican restaurant! I will definitely be adding this one, from time to time, into my 2 week meal plan rotation! Mr.Hooah is just missing out on all my yummy new recipes... poor guy! I know he can't wait to have me home cooking again lol, & I can't wait to see what the house looks like when I get back! I'm almost positive it is a HOT MESS though! I did a couple of twists on this recipe, added in some ground cayenne pepper to the sauce & then I put a little of the shredded cheese into the enchiladas as well! I also think it would be yummy if you made it with turkey burger instead of chicken! Hope you enjoy this healthy nom!
Skinny Sour Cream Enchiladas
2 1/2 c. shredded chicken
8oz. light sourcream
1/4c. fat-free milk
1(10 3/4oz.) can cream of chicken
1 TBSP. fresh cilantro, chopped
1(10oz.) can mild rotel
8- (8inch) tortillas
1/2c. mexican shredded cheese
1(4.5oz.) can diced green chilies
1c. onion, diced
- In saucepan, mix together sourcream, soup, milk & cilantro. Keep stirring while cooking. Heat through & set aside.
- Combine chicken, rotel, onions, & green chilies in a pan sprayed with non-stick spray. Heat until onions are transparent.
- Warm tortillas until flexible. Microwave for 10secs between 2 damp paper towels. (I just opened the tortilla bag & popped it in the microwave for 10secs!)
- Fill each tortilla with about 2TBSP of chicken mixture. Then roll it up & place seam side down in 8x11 dish that has been sprayed with non-stick spray.
- Pour/spread sour cream mixture over top & top with cheese.
- Bake at 350' for 25-30mins or until it is all bubbly & cheese is melted.