Friday, February 26, 2016

Sweet and Spicy Bacon Wrapped Chicken

First of all, let me say that this is not...I repeat... IS NOT, a healthy recipe. Lol.

Mr.Hooah has had such a long week and this Sweet and Spicy Bacon Wrapped Chicken is one of his favorites... So, myself being the best wife ever, thought he deserved something super yummy for dinner tonight! He was super excited about it when I texted him what we were having and he definitely let me know that he let our "temporary-roomie" know (I'm telling ya', any of his soldiers that ever needs a place to stay, our casa is always open!) that we are having:
 "CHICKEN...WRAPPED IN BACON...'MERICA!!!" 

You guys, I can't even...Hahaha. 

But on a serious note, our roomie is SUPER picky. He likes EVERYTHING plain. He is pretty much just a "meat and cheese only" kind of guy. And hey, that is ok because this recipe will even be liked by those who are just as picky as he is!
 But I mean, let's be honest, WHO DOESN'T LOVE BACON?! ESPECIALLY WHEN IT IS WRAPPED AROUND CHICKEN!?!

This chicken is seriously so yummy and is definitely something worth using your cheat-meal on!
I am not sure where I originally adapted this recipe from as it has been in my recipe book for several years now, but kudos to whomever originally came up with it and brought this delicious goodness into my life! 
I like to imagine the person who thought to make this recipe as being some guy with a bald eagle tank top on, wearing one of those beer helmets who drives an old transam with an American flag painted across the top...haha, maybe I should cut back on the wine right about now! :)

I am serious though people, the tender seasoned chicken wrapped inside the crispy bacon with the sweet brown sugar coating outside...OH. MAN. FOODGASM! LOL! If you decide to try this, it is great paired with a loaded baked potato or mac & cheese! I have even sliced it up on top of a salad too! Tonight I decided to not overload us on carbs so I'm just going to pair this with jalapeno mac and some garlic green beans. Also, as a side note, I know this is called "Sweet and Spicy" but honestly it isn't too spicy with the seasonings it calls for so if you were wanting to add a little kick like I usually do, sprinkle in a little cayenne or crushed red pepper flakes! 
This recipe is so super easy and cheap to make!

Enjoy you guys, and don't blame me when you get addicted after the first bite! ;)

-XO


Sweet and Spicy Bacon Wrapped Chicken
1 pk. of skinless, chicken tenders
1 pack of bacon
1 TBSP. chili powder
1-2 tsp. garlic powder
1-2 tsp. black pepper and salt
 1 c. brown sugar, sprinkled on a plate

  • Pre-heat oven to 400'...
  • Give the chicken tenders a quick rinse and then use a paper towel to pat dry a little. Mix together the chili powder, garlic, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Sprinkle spice mix all over the chicken tenders. 
  • Foil a baking sheet and spray with non-stick. Take each tender and wrap with one piece of bacon, I usually do this one at a time so it doesn't get crazy messy. Then roll it around in the brown sugar that you sprinkled on the plate. (I like to press mine down into the sugar so it gets a good coating of the brown sugar, if you need to add more brown sugar to the plate, you can.) Place each piece on the baking sheet a little bit spread apart.
  • Bake for 30-40 mins or until chicken is cooked through. At this point I like to turn the broiler on and broil on each side for a few minutes until the bacon crisps up as crispy as we like it. Then let cool a little and serve. 
  • TIP: I like use a a cookie cooling rack to put on top of the foiled pan to cook these on so that all the grease drains off and then the bacon gets crisp on both sides without having to continuously turn or broil it!

1 comment:

  1. Oh!! This is definitely a must try recipe! Thanks for sharing at our Tuesday Tips and Tricks link up!

    ReplyDelete