Friday, August 3, 2012

Easy 'Peasy' Hummus!

Guess who's back...Back againnn! Haha! So, I've been away for a hot minute & I apologize..I'm sorry but I was having some MUCH NEEDED family time back home in Alabama with Mr.Hooah & my little sister Randa-Panda! While there, I swear I gained 50lbs!!! My aunt & uncle loves my pasta dishes as much as we do & though I was supposed to be on "VACATION" I found myself cooking 2 very heavy time consuming pasta dishes! We also indulged in the sweets/JUNK food that my aunt keeps EVERYWHERE in her kitchen! Danishes, Poptarts, Chocolates, Cake, Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats, Burritos, Pizza Rolls, & D. ALL OF THE ABOVE! See, we DO NOT keep stuff like that here in the house, so Mr.Hooah thought he had crossed those pearly gates in HEAVEN, eating the previous BACHELOR food that he'd almost forgotten about! (he swears he loves my cooking more tho lol, I said nice way to earn a brownie point!) So, while home we splurged on home decor & sweets, & now its back to the normal life! At the commissary the other night, we were looking for our favorite flavor of hummus & they didn't have it, also the ones they did have were quite pricey for just plain ol' hummus...& if u haven't guessed it already, YEP! I decided to MAKE MY OWN! It's creamy, EASY, yummy & oh-so-good for you & BEST part?!?.. You can season or add things to customize it anyway your little taste buds desire! This was so delicious, Mr.Hooah & I love it, even my 'picky-pete' of a little sis likes it! I like to save all of my plastic butter, sour cream, chinese take-out containers due to Mr.Hooah always bringing them back corroded or never bringing them back at all & so I send his lunches out in those instead of my good tupperware...& the recipe filled up TWO of my recycled SABRA hummus tubs.....that's TWO TUBS that only cost me for the $1ish I spent on the peas! Which is way better than paying $3-4 for just ONE tub of hummus! (:

EASY 'PEASY' HUMMUS
Photobucket

1(15oz) can chick-peas, drained
3 Tbsp. lemon juice
2 Tbsp. water (it didn't have the consistency i was looking for so i added the amount of water until i found the consistency i wanted!)
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1 tsp. minced garlic
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. each: ground cumin, paprika, white pepper or any other hummus spice you might like!
**I also used 1 handful fresh, chopped baby spinach..& 2-3 slices roasted red peppers**

  • Combine all ingredients in a blender or food processor & blend until smooth. 

8 comments:

  1. Great recipe! Hopped over from Mealtime Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! This looks SO good. It's on my list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sound yummy and easy. Glad you had a nice time with family! Found you at Weekend Soiree.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is indeed! & Ty so much, it was much needed! Please do come back by!(:

      Delete
  4. Very easy and nice seasoning, thanks for sharing it on foodie friday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks so yummy.

    Mrs. Delightful
    www.ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete