Saturday, September 26, 2015

Italian Beef Stew

It's pretty much Fall y'all.......... FALL Y'ALLLL!

 I don't know if you can tell that I am just a little bit excited or not, but in case you couldn't...

I'M SO EXCITED! Ha Ha! 
Don't get me wrong though, I have seriously enjoyed this summer but I can't be the only one ready for Fall, can I?
I mean, I'm ready for pumpkin spice EVERYTHING, UGGs, and nights by the fire-pit roasting marshmallows! Oh, and we can't forget football! Mr.Hooah thinks I am crazy because I have already started dragging out my ceramic pumpkins my Ma gave me! I told him, it is official, it is Fall because Bath & Body Works announced it and released all their Fall scents already! LOL. Anyways, I made my first "get into the season" mood food for dinner today... the only time Mr.Hooah doesn't complain about my cray-cray shenanigans! 
And it was AHHH-MAZ-INGGG as usual!
 My Italian Beef Stew recipe is absolutely my favorite cold weather yum! It is hearty and healthy. This stew will hit the spot and warm you to the core! And did I mention it is easy and it tastes like it has been cooked all day? Uh, EXTRA BONUS! This would also be great to serve at a bonfire or for yums while watching football! It makes a pretty good bit (I freeze leftovers when we have them!) so there is plenty for hungry football fans!
 I did this in the crockpot this go round because it was a busy day and I had a final that I had to make up, but it still turned out great. 
(You just throw it all in your crock pot, give it a stir, and then cook it until the veggies are tender and your beef is cooked through! Easy, right?) 
Below is the recipe. I hope you enjoy it at some point between Fall & Christmas, which by the way is only like 3 1/2 months away! Ha Ha, OK, I'll stop now! 

-XO dolls & Happy Fall Y'all! ;)

Italian Beef Stew
1 lb. beef tips (I use 2lbs...we like it meaty lol)
1 (15oz.) can tomato sauce
2 (15oz.) can petite diced tomatoes
1 large can of sliced mushrooms, drained.
1 can tomato soup
2c. beef broth
1/2-3/4c. red cooking wine
4-5 small potatos, peeled & diced.
3 large carrots, sliced.
1 large onion, diced.
3 stalks celery, sliced.
1 TBSP. Italian seasoning
1 TBSP. garlic powder
2 tsp. salt & pepper
  • Put all ingredients, except potatoes & carrots, into large pot. 
  • Simmer all on stove top, covered, for 3 or more hours, or until beef is cooked through & tender.
  • Add potatoes & carrots. Bring to a boil then reduce heat & cook over low heat 1hr or until the potatoes & carrots are tender.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment