Monday, March 19, 2012

My Easy Semi-Homemade Italian-o Chicken Parmigiana

My Easy Semi-Homemade Italian-o Chicken Parmigiana

I am a pasta-holic...I love pretty much EVERYTHING italian...what can I say, italian is in my genes & I cook ALOT of pasta dishes when my asian side isnt in full throttle cooking something rice. haha! So I have been meaning to post since my last one, but I've been a little sick, then with traveling to see my family down south, I've had very little time to do much of anything! This is a pretty easy, tasty, semi-homemade italian dish that I find myself fixing as a wonderful throw-back comfort food. Anyways, I hope you enjoy this as much as I & everyone I cook this for seems to. An empty plate makes for a VERY happy & full tummy! 
Photobucket
1/4 c. EVOO, plus 3 Tbsp.
  1 medium onion, chopped.
2 garlic cloves, minced.
2 bay leaves.
1/2 c. black olives, sliced.
2 (28oz) cans whole tomatoes, drained & hand-crushed.
Pinch sugar.
Salt & Pepper.
4 boneless chicken breasts(thinly sliced).
1/2 c. all-purpose flour.
2 eggs, lightly beaten.
1 Tbsp. water.
1 c. dried breadcrumbs.
1 (8oz) shredded mozzarella cheese.
1/2 c. grated parmesan cheese.
1 lb. wheat spaghetti pasta, cooked al-dente.
1/2 c. fresh basil (I used dry italian seasoning).

Note: I bought some cubed-chicken steak breats from walmart & the chicken was pounded thin & very tender...also, I marinated it in a bowl with dry italian seasoning, garlic pepper salt, some EVOO, & a little bit of lemon juice. Also i added a 1/2 jar of spaghetti sauce to the cooked spaghetti noodles to make the dish saucier.

-Coat saute pan with EVOO & place over medium heat. When oil gets hazy, add onions, garlic, bay leaves; cook & stir for 5minutes, until fragrant & soft. Add the olives & some hand-torn basil. Carefully add tomatoes, cook & stir until liquid is cooked down & sauce is thick, about 15minutes; season with salt, pepper, & sugar. Lower heat, cover, & keep warm.

-Preheat oven to 450'F.

-Make a little assembly line...Put flour in platter & season with fair amount of salt & pepper; mix with fork. In bowl, combine the eggs & water, beat until frothy. Put the bread crumbs on the plate, season with salt & pepper.

-Heat 3 Tbsp. EVOO over medium-high heat in over medium-high heat in oven-proof skillet. Lightly dredge both sides of the chicken in the flour & then dip them in egg mix to coat completely, letting the excess drip off, then dredge in breadcrumbs. When the oil is hot, add the cutlets & fry for 4minutes on each side, until golden & crusty, turning once.

-Spoon the tomato-olive sauce over the chicken & sprinkle with mozzarella & parmesan cheese, & basil. Bake for 15minutes or until cheese is bubbly. 
Serve over spaghetti.







No comments:

Post a Comment