Thursday, March 22, 2012

Spring Means Cupcakes with Buttercream!

I have to admit, I've always been interested in & love baking. I can remember my little sister & I when we were little, we would play restaurant in the kitchen, experimenting (Ma' called it "MESSING" haha!)  with baking & cooking... pretending like we were chef's while cooking & adding to the recipe, whatever pleased our taste buds..and then dinner guests after the food was finished, talking about how hard our day at 'work' was & about how our 'husbands' (this makes me laugh out loud LITERALLY because they were always crushes like: Jonathon Taylor Thomas, Justin Timberlake, the kid from that old movie The Rookie, & that kid Charlie from The Santa Clause! BAHAHA!!!), were doing! We lived in a nice semi-medium country home out in the country, we had help building it from voluntary church groups from different states all over due to the big tornado back in '94 tearing our old one to pieces, everything was fresh & new. My mother had these swinging french style doors that she put up for decoration...my sister will prob kill me for speaking of it, but she used to crack me up...while waiting for our food to cool, she'd pretend like she was driving on the couch & then she would make noises of dings & roaring at those doors like she were on an elevator, before entering the kitchen, haha, I will never in my life forget that!  I loved the simplicity out there. I find myself missing home & all the memories there sometimes. I can't even tell you how silly we used to be but hey, we were kids! And I know I didnt 'stay in the kitchen with momma' like most girls do to watch & learn how to cook, but I sure looked through her cook books & as I grew older I copied down recipes from her & them, & this butter cream is one I adore because it yummy & simple. I bake ALOT & my cupcakes with this buttercream recipe are ALWAYS a hit!

Quick & Simple Buttercream Frosting
Photobucket

I decided on a spring time color, just lovely! (:

3 c. confectioners' sugar
1 c. butter
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1-2 Tbsp. whipping cream

  • In a standing mixer fitted with a whisk, mix together sugar & butter. Mix on low speed until well blended & then increase speed to medium & beat for another 3minutes.
  • Add vanilla & cream (NOW is when I add in my icing coloring gel) & continue to beat on medium speed for 1minute more, adding more cream if needed for spreading consistency.  

No comments:

Post a Comment