Thursday, April 5, 2012

I am pretty much a walking sweet-tooth! I LOVE "ANYTHING" sugary & sweet, however, I am not a big fan of chocolate, too nutsy, or things coconut. My great-aunt & my Granma, both sisters, used to make this cake & it sure is scrumptious (especially to not be 'made from scratch'!)...oh & surprise surprise: IT'S COCONUT!!! (: This is a very moist, sweet but not too sweet, delicious cake. The sour-cream also isn't over-powering, as I had imagined it would be my first time making it. The 3days sitting in the fridge is what gives it that yummy moistness & anticipation that makes my husband want to tear the lid off  & sneak a bite or two, LOL! As I said, I am NOT a usual fan of coconut but I find myself craving this cake more often & to know that it was something my Granma made & loved, makes it even better! It reminds me of HOME & that means A LOT! This go-round, I was in a bit of a rush when I cut the first slice shown below, the hubbie said he was 'just dying for a piece of that cake'...so the pic isn't as pretty as I would've liked, but you get the idea. Haha! (:


Coconut Sour-Cream Dream Cake
Photobucket I apologize for the picture quality, I did this w/my phone! 
***I apologize for the picture quality, I took this with my phone!***



1 pk. (18 1/2 oz.) butter cake mix...(I use a coconut cake mix)
2 c. sugar
1 (8 oz.) container sour-cream
 1 pk. (12 oz.) frozen coconut, thawed
1 (12 oz.) container cool-whip 

  • Prepare cake as directed, making two 8inch layers. Meanwhile, blend together sugar, sour-cream, & coconut---let chill until cakes are finished cooling. Split both cakes in half after they cool. 
  • Spread all but 1 cup of the sour-cream mixture between layers as you stack them. Blend the remaining cup of mixture with cool-whip & spread on top & sides of cake.
  • Sprinkle coconut on top & sides of cake, seal in airtight container & refrigerate for 3days before serving. Keep in refrigerate after cutting.




No comments:

Post a Comment