Monday, July 13, 2015

Almost Homemade Banana Pudding

This is an oldie but a goodie so I decided it needed a repost! My mom makes her banana pudding from scratch with eggs, milk, and all that good jazz. Her banana pudding is awesome, don't get me wrong... but I, myself, prefer making banana pudding my way and I can honestly say this is as close to homemade as it gets without doing all that cooking and waiting for it to set to eat! This is one of my favorite desserts to make for our little Army Family BBQ's and it certainly is a hit! It is easy, doesn't take many ingredients at all, and sets quickly. I will say this though, it is most definitely better if you make it the night before and let it sit in the fridge over-night...you know, let those awesome flavors marry together! Trust me, I wouldn't steer you guys wrong, have I ever?! Make this for your next gathering, they will absolutely love you for it and ask you to make it time and time again! Enjoy you guys!
-XO

Almost Homemade Banana Pudding
5-6 Ripe Bananas (you can slice before or as you go!)
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 Family size vanilla pudding
2 c. cold water
2 boxes vanilla wafers
1 (12oz) tub of cool-whip
1/2 a block of cream cheese softened
  • In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add in the water, condensed milk, & vanilla pudding mix. Blend until combined well & mixtures thickens. FOLD (do not stir, it will break the mixture up!!!) in the tub of cool-whip until combined.
  • At the bottom of a trifle bowl (or whatever bowl you fancy) add a layer of the wafers, followed by the pudding mixture, then a layer of bananas. Repeat ending with the pudding mix on top & I always save a few of the wafers to decorate the top! (I also sprinkle the crumbs from the wafer box on top too just because I thought it made it look prettier lol!) 
  • Refrigerate over night!

No comments:

Post a Comment