Friday, June 29, 2012

Southern Lemonaid!

AHHHHHHH! I cannot believe how HOT NorthCarolina is right now...I would expect this kind of heat back home in Alabama but sheesh, these temperatures here, takes a little bit of my breath away when I walk outside. I saw a post of fb saying: "Who turned the thermostat setting to 'HELL'????" lol. We finally got our pool cleaned out & intend on spending lots of time in it! But something seems to be missing...........

Floats...CHECK!...Tanning lotion...CHECK!...Drinks?!?!...oh yeah, Paula Deen's Southern Lemonaid....CHECK! CHECK! CHECKITTY-CHECK!!!!! (:

Have I mentioned my obsession with Paula Deen?! Her cooking is AMAZING & she is inspiring! This recipe is simple quick & reminds me of HOME...cannot wait to sip this by the pool! It makes me want to say this while pouring: 
"Drink up this cool smooth classic summertime glass of YUM ya'll!" (:
Photobucket

Ingredients

  • 2 cups sugar
  • 1 cup hot water
  • 2 cups fresh lemon juice
  • 1 gallon cold water
  • 1 lemon, sliced
  • Mint sprigs, for garnish

Directions

In a 1 gallon container, place sugar and hot water, and stir until sugar dissolves. Add lemon juice and cold water to render 1 gallon. Stir until well mixed. Pour lemonade over glasses of ice, squeeze slice of lemon on top of each, and garnish with a sprig of mint.

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Looks refreshing.. I bet it makes a great cocktail mixer too. Thanks for sharing it on foodie friday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This lemonaid looks so delicious! Perfect for hot summer days! Thanks for sharing!! We appreciate you linking up to our "Strut Your Stuff Saturday! It was great having you and we hope you'll be back next week!! -The Sisters

    ReplyDelete
  3. I normally dont drink lemonade, but I have to agree with weather like we are having it is sounds really good!!! We are now on our 9th or 10th day of temps in the high 90s~

    Pam
    http://pamspartyplanning.blogspot.com/2012/07/dare-to-share-15.html

    ReplyDelete