Thursday, November 15, 2012

Italian Beef Stew

I am posting via mobile again, I'm feeling under the weather so I'm cuddled up in bed! It's cold out & these are days that I'm so inlove with whom ever invented the heavenly crockpot! I wanted a comfort food in my time of blah-ness & my Italian bone was itching for some good soup, so I decided to let my crockpot do all the work for me! Mr.Hooah brought home 4 bottles of GingerAle so he gets 59,000 gold stars & a husband of the year award! Haha! This is a delicious recipe & I absofruitly LOOOOVE it on days like this & it is SIMPLE, my favorite! Sorry if this isn't the prettiest post, Lol!

1 lb. stew beef
2 cans diced tomatoes
1 can tomato sauce
2 1/2 c. beef stock
1 can tomato soup
1 c. Red cooking wine
3 carrots, sliced
3-4 potatoes diced
3 stalks celery, sliced
1 cup mushrooms, sliced
1 medium onion, chopped
2 tbs. sea salt
2 tbs. Italian seasoning
1 tbs. mined garlic
(Most of the time I just eyeball the seasonings until it suits my tastes)

In crock pot, (I usually pour in a little evoo here) add garlic & beef. Then Add All remaining ingredients & mix well. Cook on low all day or high for 3-4hrs or until beef is cooked through or potatoes & carrots are tender.

Sometimes(like today) I'll throw in a handful of barley as well! Yum! Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment