Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Sugar Cookie M&M Bars

What do I have to blog about today you ask?

Oh, nothing crazy, just these super delicious Sugar Cookie M&M Bars

 OMG you guys, these are SO good and absolutely perfect for the holidays!

I made these yesterday and it makes a whole 13x9 pan... THEY'RE GONE!
 Yes, you read right, gone ALREADY! Lol. In our defense, I sent some home with our friends and Mr.Hooah took some to work with him as well!

I found this recipe randomly on Facebook, someone had shared the Betty Crocker Christmas cookie list and these were on it. I was pretty much sold at just seeing "sugar cookie..." and wrote the recipe down to try. I had initially intended on making these to mail back home with some Christmas presents, but hey, every good cook/baker must test it out before feeding it to anyone else... right?! Lol.
I absolutely LOVE soft sugar cookies and these bars are right on the money!
 And by the way, anyone who knows me well, knows that I'm not crazy about M&M's in anything really... whether it be cookies, ice-cream, etc...
(I've just never really been a fan. I guess that must make me the weirdest person on the planet huh?!)
But the M&M's and the white chocolate chips really OOMPH up this simple little cookie!

These would be awesome for cookie-swaps, a quick dessert for a holiday gathering, or even gifting to a neighbor! This recipe is as simple as it gets for "homemade" cookies.
 Give it a try, you wont be disappointed I promise, and I'm pretty sure you'll get no complaints from Santa if you leave these out with a glass of milk!

-XO 

Sugar Cookie M&M Bars
1 pouch (1lb 1.5oz.) sugar cookie mix
1/2 c. butter, softened
1 egg
1 c. red & green M&M's
1 c. white vanilla baking chips   

  • Heat oven to 350°F. Spray bottom only of 13x9-inch pan with cooking spray. 
  • In large bowl, mix cookie mix, butter and egg with spoon until soft dough forms. Stir in 1/2 cup of the candies and the white vanilla baking chips. Press dough in bottom of pan. Sprinkle remaining candies over top. 
  • Bake 22 to 24 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely on cooling rack, about 1 hour. Cut into 6 rows by 4 rows. Store in airtight container.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment