Monday, July 2, 2012

Skittled Vodka

Well, apparently I must be a little behind with the times...when browsing to go from brunette to blonde on youtube, I stumbled upon a girl that was DIY brunette to blonde from a box, I kept watching her makeup tutorials & then BAM! She randomly had a tutorial on how to SKITTLE, yes, SKITTLE......VODKA! Wait, WHAT?! Did my eyes & ears deceive me?! Could it be true?! Oh yes...Two items on my FAVORITE things list! So, without even realizing I dialed the number, I told Mr. Hooah to grab two big bags of skittles & a bottle of vodka on his way home HaHa! So, apparently, if you want to 'Do It Big' you should buy a bottle of vodka for each color of the rainbow...however, I ONLY like the RED ones so we opted out of 'doing it big'! It was actually quit delish, the sugar does make the vodka extremely heavy, but I liked it even tho.

What you need:
1 bottle of Vodka of choice
2 Large bag of Skittles
Photobucket

Taste the RainBow:
Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket
(Smirnoff was obviously on sale, because this is what Mr.Hooah came home with..the best vodka to do this in is honestly ABSOLUTE Vodka...just my opinion because it taste better, is higher quality, & FEWER CALORIES!) 
Just pop in the skittles, you will have to make a little room for the skittles, so I poured the excess Vodka into another bottle as I dropped in the skittles & it became too full...make sure to give it a good shake about every 30mins or hour to make sure the skittles are being moved so they wont stick to the bottom, plus it helps break them down...leave in refrigerator over night...We did some shots(it is SUPER sweet btw) then my Jerseylicious friend Lex & I, who is also a bartender and an ARMYwife, decided we would try to mix it with some Strawberry Daiquiri Mix & I cannot tell a lie, it was pretty darn scrumptious! (:

3 comments:

  1. I love the 'taste the rainbow' comment :) You are a funny girl! Now, did you write this post, while you were drinking this or did you wait until later :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Amy, had I even attempted to post while drinking this skittley rainbow goodness, Im more than positive there would be ALOT of mummbo jumbo jamble lol After 3 daiquiris, Mr. Hooah almost had to 'sack of potatoes' me to the car haha!

      Delete
  2. CRAZY! I have never heard of this. Too bad I no longer drink alcohol ... I'll have to tell my friends about it though :)

    ReplyDelete