Sunday, May 20, 2012

3 Ingredient Slowcooker Pulled Pork

I cannot tell you how glad I am that I joined the blog world & have access to so many awesome recipes! My days of "tired of the same ol' same" are over..Dinner never gets boring in this house! I am ALWAYS mentioning how simple & easy are my favorite words, well, today I'm sharing with you a simple & delicious recipe that I adapted from here: Quick Dish! This 3-Ingredient Slow Cooker Pulled Pork recipe, had me sold at [3-INGREDIENT]! After an exhausting day by 9:00AM yesterday & after debating to go on a NO COOKING strike in the kitchen, I decided to give this recipe a whirl! I was pretty excited because I LOVE slow cooker meals & I found a Tyson shoulder roast on sale! I also decided, being from the south, that a BBQ sandwich just isnt a sandwich unless it is topped with cole slaw! Mr.Hooah had never had nor heard of having it that way until he was sent down to Alabama(where I am originally from) for training. And his friend staying over from NewYork, had never had it that way ither & boy was he skeptical! He soon changed his mind tho, after one bite! The root beer really gives it a great flavor & tenderizes it as it cooks. <<In my best Paula Deen voice>>: Hope ya'll enjoy this tasty tender easy-peasy recipe as much as the Hooah's & I did! (Haha)

bbq2

Ingredients:
  • 1 (2 pound) pork tenderloin (pork shoulder or butt can also be used)
  • 1 (12 ounce) can of root beer
  • 1 (18 ounce) bottle of barbecue sauce
  • 8 hamburger buns 
  1. Place the pork tenderloin in a slow cooker and pour the can of root beer over the meat. Cover and cook on low for 6 hours or until pork shreds easily with a fork.
  2. After pork has cooked, drain and discard the root beer. Shred the pork and place it back in the slow cooker. Pour the barbecue sauce over the pork and stir to combine. Serve immediately or keep warm in slow cooker until ready to serve. Serve on hamburger buns.

No comments:

Post a Comment