Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Frame Revamped With ScrapBook Paper

Frame Revamped With ScrapBook Paper!

As You all  know, I am faux-fabricated crazed at times & instead of fabrics, which I do not use often enough, I use scrapbooking paper or crafting paper! I had this frame from I dont even remember how long ago, its been boxed up & I recently ran across it, then threw it in a throw-away-box...I looked at it every time I walked past & thought "Ohhh get it out you can do something with it"...& I did just that! (: I dug out some scrapbook paper remnants I keep for things like this & went to work!(:
 
What is pictured is ALL you need, how simple is that?

Photobucket

1. Make a template of the square middle, so the back is open for the photo slot, trace it onto the back of your paper...

Photobucket

2. Now cut it out, should look like so:

 Photobucket
3. Use your fingers or a paint brush to apply your glue over the surface of the back of the glass.
Photobucket
4. Now work the paper onto the back & push it down firmly. You may have to work with it a little & you may have to trim around the edges of the frame if a little bit of paper goes past the edges. And this should be what you end up with!
The best part is, you can use ANY design of paper! This matches our black damask bedroom theme so I decided to go with it! 
Photobucket
Simple, Easy, & Didnt cost me a dime!!!(:

 

8 comments:

  1. Love this idea. I have a ton of frames around here that definitely need a revamping. Thanks so much for linking up to Creative Thursday this week. I can't wait to see what you link up next week. Have a wonderful weekend.

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ty for taking the time to look! it is definitely a cheap & creative way to make something old, NEW! (:

      Delete
  2. What a great idea. It seems like you excel at everything! I've only been aware of your cooking but looks like you are a crafter as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh yes, i LOVE to craft for sure! I just dont get to do it as often as i like! (: ty girl!

      Delete
  3. Thanks for linking up at In It To Pin It, however it's only for Pinterest links for Etsy shops. Please come back and link up if that works for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good idea! Thank you for sharing it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the frame, what a great idea! I have so many frames that I don't use, this is a great idea to revamp them! Thanks for sharing at Showcase Your Talent Thursday. I hope to see you at the next party!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for sharing your frame on Dare to Share. It really turned out nice! I look foward to seeing what you post next.

    Pam
    http://pamspartyplanning.blogspot.com/2012/05/dare-to-share-8.html

    ReplyDelete