Sunday, January 26, 2014

Honey-Lime Chicken

Ommm Nom Nommmm! Is what I think about this recipe! If you've been keeping up, then you've noticed that chicken is a BIG part of our life! Our freezer is always stocked with it & it is my most used meat! Mr.Hooah & I were blessed to have been given a really nice free gas BBQ grill last summer.. his friend at work decided to get a new one & gave us this one.. CRAZY! because there is nothing wrong with it besides a little fading down the front! Needless to say, we LOVE to grill & we grill A LOT, so this grill has been put to good use! This recipe, I found on Pinterest, there are tons of pins for this recipe so I just used whichever one I came across...but this is such a great recipe! You can get fancy & fun with it & cut the chicken up to skewer it, which is great too! Ither way, this has to be one of my favorite ways to make grilled chicken! The flavors are amazing & I even like to squeeze a lime over the chicken after Mr.Hooah brings it in from the grill because I love that extra bite the lime gives it! MMM, I'm getting hungry just blogging about it haha! Sooooooo delish!
-XO
 photo IMG_7199_zps0a456668.jpg
Honey-Lime Chicken
3 TBSP soy sauce
2 TBSP honey
1 TBSP EVOO
Juice of one lime
1 TBSP garlic, minced
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
2 TBSP cilantro, roughly chopped
1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts

  • Mix all ingredients together & then place chicken in marinade, refrigerate 1hr.
  • You can cut the chicken into pieces & skewer it (just remember to soak your skewers in water at least 30mins-1hr before putting on your chicken!), or just grill it whole. Cook until chicken is no longer pink. You can also chop & sprinkle some extra cilantro on top as an extra tasty garnish!

No comments:

Post a Comment