Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Lemon Parmesan Vinaigrette

Tomorrow guys! I am MORE than ready to have Mr.Hooah home! He has only been gone a week training but between having pneumonia & him being gone, it has seriously seemed like a month or longer! Lol. He called today, finally, & I teared up so bad. You just don't know how much you miss when you're married to a soldier...the constant coming & going. On to a lighter more happier note! This Lemon Parm Vinaigrette is so super easy & much better for you than other fatty salad dressings, plus a little of this stuff goes a lonnnnng way! I use it all the time & I absolutely LOVE it! My favorite salad greens to use it on, has to be the boxes of Spring Mix you can get in the salad isle...hands down! It's so light & fresh! I have to admit, I even like to sprinkle a bit of this dressing on my grilled chicken when its hot off the grill so that the cheese melts... the bit of melted cheese you get & then the bite of the citrus, it is just delicious!
-XO.

Lemon Parmesan Vinaigrette
 photo IMG_6969_zpse14c0c67.jpg
1/4 c. freshly squeezed lemon juice
(You can use bottled but fresh is SO much better!)
1/4 c. EVOO
1/4 c. fresh shredded Parmesan cheese
Garlic Pepper Seasoning to taste
(No need to salt because most garlic pepper seasonings have salt mixed in & it also has a bit of sugar too!)
 photo IMG_6971_zpsfe5f54eb.jpg
Whisk all ingredients together & store in an airtight container! Simple as that! 
 photo IMG_6979_zps15ca0e42.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment